1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hormann battery operated?

Discussion in 'Automation and Remote control Help' started by Peter, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Peter

Peter New Member

Hello.
    Can anyone here please advise if they have ever installed or have any experience of, the Hormann Promatic AKKU operating system?

Thank you, Pete.

2. MGD

MGD Administrator Staff Member

How can we help you with the AKKU system Pete and do you have any specific questions about the system ?

3. Peter

Peter New Member

How can we help you with the AKKU system Pete and do you have any specific questions about the system ?

Hello and thanks for your response.
    Was hoping to find someone who is using one of these systems, in order to gain some feedback.
    Specific questions are :-
    1, What voltage is the power pack?
    2, Asumming a brand new Hormann retractable door, how many seconds from closed to
    fully open and from open to down and locked?

Any input from actual hands-on experience would be much appreciated.
    Thank you, Pete.

4. MGD

Hi Pete,

We have used the Promatic Akku only once and can confirm that the voltage is 24V DC, with regards to opening/closing speed, this will depend on the weight of the door and how the Promatic operator has been setup (ie soft start/soft stop on or off), but Hormann claim an operating speed of 13cm per second, this will obviously change according to the level of charge.

I hope that this helps.

5. Peter

Peter New Member

Many thanks for your reply.

The system runs on 24v at 10amps according to Hormann themselves.

They state that the system operates at 13cm per second, their website also states that their mains powered
    units run at 14cm per second. I am assuming that these are " no load " speeds and therefore, will bear little
    relationship to real world conditions. It is for this reason that I hoped to find someone who is already
    using the AKKU system.

Many thanks again, Pete.

6. MGD

Hi Peter,

This is why I replied above that it does depend on the door you are operating on the system, as this will alter the speed/load at which it operates. Without being able to try it first, it is hard to say with any conviction what these will be. Only Hormann themselves would probably be able to answer that question, as they will have bench tested the unit in development and would hope that they tested it against different loads etc.

Unfortunately though, in the real world with real garage doors and not in a test centre, things work differently, including the temperature at which the battery pack is to be stored, in winter the life will be less than in summer.

There are so many variables.

7. Peter

Peter New Member

Many thanks again.
    Your input is much appreciated.
    Regards Pete.